June 24, 2008

Color My World

Saw this a Jenny Rappaport's blog (Lit Soup) and just had to make my own map. Gee, I thought I'd been to a lot more places than it looks. I mean, Japan, Germany, Austria, England, Scotland, France, Portugal... I guess I'll have to get to South America and Africa some time soon(ish). If I focus on the really big countries like Russia and Australia and Brazil, this'll look way more impressive.

Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com


But I have been to 60% (30 out of 50) of the US states. I will probably get to Iowa for work one day soon, and I need to get to Alaska at some point. The rest... well, unless one of my very good friends moves there or there's a business reason to go, it's probably not gonna happen.

Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

By the way, I did not count states in which I'd only transferred planes at an airport. If I'd counted those, I could have added four more (Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, and Tennessee).

3 comments:

JaneyV said...

My map would be mostly boring old white. The Hubby's been all over the shop but me - only the places I've visited on vacation.

I need to travel more. Preferably first class.

pacatrue said...

Yeah, I did this a while ago. Like you said, I once spend a whole one day in St. Petersburg and it netted my like 1/8 of the world in color. Score.

McKoala said...

I've copied you...I got a bit more blue, but some very similar gaps!