Evil Editor began blogging two years ago, and there's a party going on. I had only just begun reading Miss Snark's blog when she pointed over to EE. I clicked the link and found a world of evil hilarity. Along the way, among the many laughs, I learned a few things, too. Such as:
- Star Wars is not science fiction.
- There are very few things easier than creating a title that just doesn't work.
- Fake plots are, quite frequently, far superior to the real ones.
- A query is a difficult thing to get right.
- Especially when your story is weak.
- The four best books ever written are still available for sale.
- Some plots, not even a vampire can rescue.
Over the two years, I've submitted two queries for ridicule and not been disappointed. I've also submitted well over 250 "guess the plot" entries, and I'm hopeful that at least 5% of my comments have been either funny or helpful. Funny is the goal, even it it was unintentional.
Anyway, get on over to the party, and also go to EE's blog. There are lots of contests, including two poetry contests judged by yours truly, to celebrate EE's second anniversary of blogging.