March 21, 2008

lost doggy

lost doggy
3/21/2008 Monday light verse, special Friday edition because we all gotta keep on keepin' on, ya know?

I came out looking for my poor, lost dog
who ran away just after supper.
I lost him in the dark and fog,
that rotten little rascal pupper!
I walked all over town til midnight,
suffering the awful weather.
I found him here under this streetlight.
Now I guess we're lost together.

One of my writing goals for 2008 is to write at least one light verse or poem every week in addition to my haiku wednesday and fiction friday posts. I will try to do this on Mondays.

1 comment:

bluesugarpoet said...

I forgot to mention how much I loved this poem (I was too caught up in reading the previous post the day I read both, and I was too tearful to comment. Thoughts and prayers to you and to all who had the pleasure of knowing your friend).

When Poetroad was in third grade, he wrote a story about his dog - and won a prize for his story. The funny thing is that he never had a dog.