March 3, 2008

a federal case

a federal case
3/3/2008

A snack that had me interested
looked so good, I bit and tested
then the whole thing I ingested
came to find it was infested
with some bugs I then digested
had a taste that I detested
so I went and I protested
but I got myself arrested
to my deeds they all attested
but the judge, disinterested
sniffled loudly, all congested
had no sleep, was quite unrested
"close the case!" we all suggested
but the lawyer had requested
in his suit all double-breasted
that the judge should be devested
shouting in the courtroom crested
but I was not interested
so I just went home and rested.

One of my writing goals for 2008 is to write at least one light verse or poem every week in addition to my haiku wednesday and fiction friday posts. I will try to do this on Mondays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had this talent of writing rap songs! You have all kinds of hidden talents, I bet...

One time Ch@ndy's brother ate a bowl of corn flakes. The next person to pour a bowl from the very same box discovered that there were maggots in that box of corn flakes. Needless to say, the brother realized that he had not looked into the bowl before he started eating. Perhaps he thought he was eating raisin bran?

(At least that's my version of the story...I know that it was her brother, bugs, and cereal that he ate...LOL)

WriterKat said...

I love that. It's amazing how you held that all together so tightly.

Blogless Troll said...

Another great one! I look forward to reading these every week.