June 19, 2007

Ten on Tuesday: 10 movies to quote

[link]

10 favorite movies to quote
I am not big on quoting movies, but let's see if I can think of any that I like to quote from

  1. It's not a movie, but Cheers. How can you not quote Coach, Woody, and Carla? Even Diane and Sam had some great lines.
    "Coach, we don't want to be bothered." ... "Who does?"
    "You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a guy who once dumped on me."
  2. Pirates of the Caribbean. OK, it's often difficult to quote this in context because I don't hang out with pirates or the damned very often.
    "You cheated!" ... "Pirate."
  3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. What line don't I quote?
  4. Monty Python's Life of Brian. "Always look on the bright side of life." 'nuff said
  5. This Is Spinal Tap. OK, so it's just one line really. "But... but, this one goes to eleven."
  6. Repo Man. "There's fuckin' room to move as a fry cook. I could be manager in two years. King. God." "The life of a repo man is always intense."
  7. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. OK, a lot of quotes from this movie come to mind from time to time, but I'm too wise to say them out loud.
  8. The Princess Bride. "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
  9. Dirty Harry. "... you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
  10. And, of course, Mary Poppins. Oooh, just too numerous to mention, even outside the songs. Just go here for some memorable ones. Spit spot!
I know there must be other movies I quote from, perhaps without even realizing it. But these have given me certain lines that come to mind often or even come out of my mouth from time to time. These aren't "movies I love to quote" so much as movies that have had lines that stick with you.

9 comments:

PJD said...

Oh, and I forgot Risky Business. "Sometimes, Joel, ya just gotta say, 'What the fuck.'"

Patois42 said...

Great list. Good of you to include Cheers. And love the Monty Python movies. You're right, lots to quote from there.

cjm said...

Ah, swinging a dead cat. That always makes the line regardless of how it ends. And, not to brag, but I totally met Ted Danson recently. Yeah, I'm cool...B-ish (C?) list actors, here I come.

Irishcoda said...

I like your list too! There are a lot of TV shows like Cheers that are definitely quotable!

Kelly said...

Great quote!

writtenwyrdd said...

I see we have similar tastes in movies, lol. My favorite is "You cheated." "Pirate."

writtenwyrdd said...

PS I noticed you linked to me. Thanks!

Karen said...

INCONVEIVABLE!!!!!

writtenwyrdd said...

Two more favorites of mine:
Die Hard ("Yippee Kay Yah, mother fucker.") and
The Terminator ("I'll be back," among others.)