10 favorite movies to quote
I am not big on quoting movies, but let's see if I can think of any that I like to quote from
- It's not a movie, but Cheers. How can you not quote Coach, Woody, and Carla? Even Diane and Sam had some great lines.
"Coach, we don't want to be bothered." ... "Who does?"
"You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a guy who once dumped on me."
- Pirates of the Caribbean. OK, it's often difficult to quote this in context because I don't hang out with pirates or the damned very often.
"You cheated!" ... "Pirate."
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail. What line don't I quote?
- Monty Python's Life of Brian. "Always look on the bright side of life." 'nuff said
- This Is Spinal Tap. OK, so it's just one line really. "But... but, this one goes to eleven."
- Repo Man. "There's fuckin' room to move as a fry cook. I could be manager in two years. King. God." "The life of a repo man is always intense."
- Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. OK, a lot of quotes from this movie come to mind from time to time, but I'm too wise to say them out loud.
- The Princess Bride. "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
- Dirty Harry. "... you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
- And, of course, Mary Poppins. Oooh, just too numerous to mention, even outside the songs. Just go here for some memorable ones. Spit spot!