April 8, 2009

haiku wednesday - April 8, 2009

This week's words are
flirt
ploy
stunning

Crazy day at work. Leaving for vacation in the early morning. It was all I could do to get these done. May miss next week. Happy Poetry Month! The first two below are a sort of he-said, she-said. The third is unrelated.



you're stunning tonight
my ploy to make you jealous
I flirt with your friend


you flirt--I punch, hard.
your ploy ends in broken nose
how's that for stunning?


tough boys flirt with war
stunning ignorance displayed
this ploy failed before

6 comments:

Aniket Thakkar said...

Flirting with readers
Wonderful Ploy Pete-
Stunning post indeed!!

Loved them each... loved them all.

Was all smiles over the second one. You shoud seriously consider publishing a book on a collection of Haiku's.

sudharm baxi said...

Fantastic short pieces..

Loved the first two and simply adore the last one :)

Sarah Laurenson said...

Awesome as always.

Have a great time! Wish we were coming, too.

Tumblewords: said...

Each one stronger than the last - a powerful punch of three!

bluesugarpoet said...

Ah, haiku Wednesday
just one of many reasons
I adore your blog

And I even gave you the award to prove it...

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

hello pete, this is my first visit to your blog and i loved it very very much, this post especially, because i am very very fond of haiku.
my favourite was the first one.
will you invite me to your other poetry blog? because i've been hearing no ends about it from aniket, and i'd really like to come and read :)
thanks. do visit