January 12, 2006

Uh... My mom said Kevin Costner

A woman--apparently a mom of a kindergartener because she was coming from that part of the school--smiled at me this morning. She was heading to her car, I was heading to my home. I have to admit, she was cute and enjoyed quite a comely figure.

Anyway, she stopped to say "hi" before getting into her minivan. Then she dropped it on me: Apparently, she thinks I look like Kenny Chesney. My mom used to say I looked like Kevin Costner. Since they're both rich and famous, I'll take these comparisons as compliments. But I'm not sure I believe them.

3 comments:

Jane D. said...

rich and famous? i think she was trying to say you have dashing good looks.

and you can take that as a compliment too.

Unknown said...

Be happy. She could had said she thought you looked like Ernest Borgnine. He's rich and famous, too...

Selene said...

Once upon a time I had a 3 year old and a four year old and after they pushed a video into the VCR they came running into the kitchen...Mommy, mommy...Grandpa is on TV! I went to look, knowing full well that they were not watching a home movie. As actors flashed across the screen I asked - Is that him? Is that him? Finally, they squeeled...there he is and pointed excitedly at none other than Walter Matthau. The movie Grumpier Old Men. Matthau was 75 in that movie. Their grandfather was 56.