June 13, 2007

expired permit

The building where my day job takes place has four elevators. Often when I walk into the building, one will open as if I tripped a sensor. Sometimes when I'm leaving, I will push the "down" button and three of the four will appear simultaneously. All four now have issues with the buttons--they all work, but some light up and some don't.

One of the elevators, the one that doubles as the freight elevator and is the only one with a "B" button, does this really amusing thing going up sometimes where it will overshoot your floor by about ten inches, then settle to the proper elevation after a few seconds with the doors open.

Recently I noticed that the permit posted in the elevator has been expired for several months.

Yeah, today feels like that kind of day.

No comments: