October 1, 2006

NaNoWriMo site is open

Just one month away from National Novel Writing Month. Their spiffed-up web site is now on line, the forums are open, and the store is stocked with tee shirts and mugs and posters. My day job has commanded so much of my time recently that I have written just a few minutes here and there, but November 1st I sit down and pound out the novel that's been fermenting in my mind for two months already now. Before that, I have two short pieces to write and send off somewhere.

Any of you all who regularly (ahem) read this blog going to join me this year? 50,000 words is not that hard if you have say two hours a day to commit. The trick for me will be to make the 50,000 word goal and to have it be quality work. This will be my third novel. The first was publishable. The second... well, I haven't read it yet, so I don't really know. I think it's a little boring, to be honest, though in sections the writing looks really good. This third one will not only be publishable but will be published (eventually). I have little doubt of that.

Unless, of course, I get hit by a bus or something.

4 comments:

Jane D. said...

You know that every year I commit but never get anywhere so I suppose that this year I will throw my name in again and slack my way to failure once again. I am going to aim for 10,000 words and call it a miracle if I hit it. Who knows...maybe I'll get into it for once. Heaven knows I have been wanting to write a story about something.

writtenwyrdd said...

I have an hour a day to write, except Sundays, which is my day off. Makes me positively cranky, that lack of writing time.

Nevertheless, I did sign up and I do hope to finish a manuscript this year. Last year was my first time, as I had just learned of NaNoWriMo.

We have a local group, so that might be inspirational. :)

bluesugarpoet said...

I am in. But, like Chandy, I am aiming to top last year's word total. (And that shouldn't be difficult since I hardly got out of the starting blocks.)

writtenwyrdd said...

I managed about 27 pages, whatever that translates to. I think it was about 10K. If I pass that mark, all is well.