December 5, 2005

Anchors Aweigh

Remember that feeling when you first had to ask a girl out? (OK, since more than half of my readers (2 of the 3) are women, perhaps you don't remember that.) Anyway... the hours of working up some semblance of nerve, the sweaty palms as you try to dial the phone, the absolute terror as you hear her voice on the other end of the line... and the anticipation of a rejection with a laugh track louder than the Cosby Show's followed by snickering and pointing at you all the next week as you walk down the halls of your junior high?

That's a little like the feeling I have as I print out my cover letter and first 40 pages of my manuscript to submit to a midlist publisher I think would be perfect for Across The Stream.

Wish me luck. Or don't. I guess it's up to you.

2 comments:

Jane D. said...

I wish you all the best and loads and loads of success.

bluesugarpoet said...

Great talent doesn't need luck, silly!