March 8, 2010

a crisis of faith

I have, for some years now, been a faithful but fringe member of the Church of the FSM.  OK, I might never actually have joined, but somehow I think the church leaders don't really mind.

But recently, thanks to author Stuart Neville (who may or may not be involved in this, but he posted something to his facebook status about it, and anyway you should check him out because he seems to be cool even though I've never met him and he lives on the other side of the ocean, but I digress), I've discovered a new belief system that has me questioning my faith in the FSM.

But really, is Pastafarianism incompatible with Dudeism?  This is a question that scholars will ignore for decades, if not centuries.  And that's just as it should be, man.

6 comments:

Suzanne Casamento said...

Church of the FSM is the coolest thing ever. Finally, a church I want to join. ; )

jjdebenedictis said...

Is the church of dudeism's deity named "The Big Lebowski" by any chance?

Because if it is, I think that's a slam dunk.

Suzanne Casamento said...

OMG. I just read about dudeism. You must get ordained.

Stephen Parrish said...

My search is over. Thank you, Grasshopper.

JaneyV said...

I have finally come home. There is no doubt about it i have been practicing Dudeism without knowing it.

I feel the need to relax a while and just abide. Actually I always feel like that.

I totally respect the way of Pastafarianism but I'm a Dudeist at heart.

Thanks Peter!

fairyhedgehog said...

Pastafarianism is fine and I can see the appeal of Dudeism. In fact I've just spent far too long reading through a whole bunch of Dudeist stuff!

But I've always been drawn to the Church of the Invisible Pink Unicorn. She's pink! And she's a unicorn! What's not to like?

Of course she's also completely invisible but that just demonstrates her infinite power, to be pink and invisible simultaneously.

Getting back to Dudesim, when are you going to get ordained?