June 3, 2009

haiku wednesday - June 3, 2009

This week's words are
folly
hostile
ordinary

Here it is again, a whole week gone by without any post but 3WW. I may not make the rounds this week until the weekend, if at all. Fair warning--if you are expecting reciprocal comments, then feel free to click away now and ignore me this week. Besides, how good can these be if they were written in a total of fourteen minutes (including title, tag, and intro paragraph)?



ordinary charm
can't overcome your folly
THAT's why I'm hostile


hostile reviewer
pans book as ordinary
folly to read it


folly to resist
no ordinary girl, she
beware hostile claws

11 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

I certainly most appreciate that you come out and play just for 3WW - schedules being schedules.

And you certainly have a way with the haiku, 14 minutes or less.

I liked the second best. Just like the way it rolled off my tongue.

sarah said...

I always write my internet poetry very fast. 14 minutes seems like a luxury to me! Although you have three poems here - and very good too. I especially like the first one :-)

anthonynorth said...

Liked the last one. Many have been there.

Andy Sewina said...

The second one speaks to me the most, but the bad review really makes me wanna read it! Figuratively speaking!!

Robin S. said...

Like 'em all, love the first one.

Fourteen minutes seems to be a fine time for you, Pete!

Chris Eldin said...

You're really really good at these! I like the first one the best.

Tumblewords: said...

Well done. Fourteen minutes perfectly used!

lissa said...

I like them however quick they are written, totally enjoyable as always

Aniket Thakkar said...

Loved the first and the third one.

The third seems to be dedicated to McKoala. lol

gautami tripathy said...

It would be my folly to be hostile towards your extra-ordinary post!

Wonderful set..

mirror cracked from side to side

Life without Clots said...

"Very good," I would say...