December 1, 2005

That Darned Survey

So here it is because someone asked for it. Blame that person.

  1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES?
    We have plates? Seriously, mostly they are white, but I prefer the plastic ones with drawings on them done by my children.
  2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
    I don't read books; I only write them. Last book I read was... um... hold on... nope, can't remember. It might have been the four books of the Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy.
  3. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
    A renaissance-style map of the world.
  4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?H
    aven't played it in 33 years, but I used to love Uncle Wiggly. Watch out for the Skeezix!
  5. FAVORITE SMELLS?
    evergreen; desert dust during a thunder shower
  6. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
    what time I have to be somewhere
  7. FAVORITE COLOR:
    generally forest green, though rich, dark blues are good, too
  8. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR:
    Red
  9. HOW MANY RINGS UNTIL YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
    I am getting used to ignoring the phone, and it is quite liberating.
  10. FAVORITE CHILD'S NAME?
    I love both of my children equally and don't have a "favorite." The name for a child I liked best but didn't get to use is "Tess" for a girl. NOT "Tessie," though.
  11. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
    Usually vanilla.
  12. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
    I tend to drive fast, yes, but I don't look at it as a thrill or a recreational activity.
  13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
    Nope.
  14. DO YOU LIKE THUNDERSTORMS?
    Brilliant.
  15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
    1979 Subaru wagon. I was a junior in high school. There was a girl on the track team who had a white 1965 Mustang with red leather interior. It was sweet. My Subaru was not so sweet, but it got me around OK.
  16. WHAT IS YOUR SIGN?
    Cancer. But in the sense that BSP took the question, my sign is "DO NOT DISTRUB."
  17. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
    Ayep.
  18. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    If that isn't the best straight line I've seen today, I don't know what is. Anyway, one of the best jobs in the world is former president of the United States. You get like $200,000 a year, you get your own bodyguards... sweet.
  19. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    I kind of like the color I used to have, when I had hair.
  20. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?
    Half full. And if I leave it out in the rain, it will soon be entirely full.
  21. FAVORITE MOVIE?
    The Sting, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Mary Poppins, Singin' in the Rain
  22. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
    Urd/
  23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
    a big basket full of wrapping paper. some books. slippers. lots of dust.
  24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
    Football and soccer. I can like hockey, too, and sometimes like to watch a good boxing match. Can't stand tennis, golf, baseball, etc. on TV.
  25. YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST INTENSE PAIN?
    A good friend totally crunched my ankle playing soccer several years ago. Needed crutches for a couple days, but it was OK. I've been fortunate otherwise.
  26. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND:
    No one, because I won’t send it.
  27. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
    Everyone that I don’t send this to
  28. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD?
    This question needs a context.
  29. HAMBURGER OR HOT DOG?
    This question also needs a context, but I think I'll go with hamburger.
  30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
    I think it would be fall. Living in northern California, there really aren't any seasons.
  31. THE BEST PLACES YOU HAVE EVER BEEN?
    The Vermont mountains, Yosemite Valley, Lake Tahoe. Kauai is nice for the weather. Otherwise, I mostly like New England.
  32. WHAT SCREEN SAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW?
    It goes blank, like my mind when it's not used for ten minutes.
  33. FAVORITE FAST FOOD?
    Whopper and fries, probably.
  34. WHAT IS YOUR BIRTH NAME?
    Same as my given name, I think.

3 comments:

bluesugarpoet said...

Thanks for the indulgence - that was fun reading about you! What the hay is the "Willy" game?

Cool Mustang memory - I was almost the owner of a Subaru Wagon, but then we got pregnant again and our family could no longer fit into one. Now I drive the much less cool "mini-van."

My favorite Mary Poppins Line: "What's all this?! What's all this?!" The line and the actor saying it always reminded me of what I envisioned "Stan Staley" to be like at 45. I laugh hysterically at that point in the movie every time.

PJD said...

Not "Willy"... Uncle Wiggly [link]. It was this great game I played with my quite elderly baby sitter Vera, who I just found out was a bit, uh, "slow" if you know what I mean. And all these years I thought she was letting me win.

Anyway, Uncle Wiggly is a rabbit with a cane and rheumatism, which sounded ghastly to a four-year-old (fortunately, at four I didn't know what "ghastly" meant), and he had to get to the doctor. But to get there, he had to get past the Skeezix and the other monsters (I don't recall the others offhand).

I think we even had several of the books [link].

Jane D. said...

Stan Staley. For a second, I was thinking...gee that name sounds familiar, then I remembered. He says that now! 10 years early.