April 4, 2005

Poetry

In honor of the upcoming movie, which features Vogon poetry, here are a couple of poems I composed after sitting in trains, planes, and automobiles for about 12 hours recently.

whisper whine
rumble
a train is riding me home
I'll take it as far as I can
it'll have to go the rest of the way
by itself

My clothes went on vacation.
I'm glad they took me with them,
And I think they're glad I came along.
We went out sometimes
And saw what type of people
The local clothes had.

And to top it off, haiku:

forty-dollar steak
worth every penny I spent
it was your money

6 comments:

Jane D. said...

Love it. So glad you are back.

bluesugarpoet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane D. said...

I do so love it!
Red meat, pink meat and brown meat.
Talking about steak.

bluesugarpoet said...

I would buy your book
if you wrote a Haiku book
Chandy is drunk now

PJD said...

hot sun, sweat glistens
water dripping on a stone
comments on my blog

Jane D. said...

Here is my Vogon for you, my friend.

See, see the sweet sky
Marvel at its big goldenrod depths.
Tell me, Pete do you
Wonder why the red butted monkey ignores you?
Why its foobly stare
makes you feel sleepy.
I can tell you, it is
Worried by your shyterbyter facial growth
That looks like
A stinky cheese.
What's more, it knows
Your feckin' potting shed
Smells of moldy peanus, err nuts.
Everything under the big sweet sky
Asks why, why do you even bother?
You only charm dookies.--